Open Data: what, why, when & how?
The Region of Crete, in collaboration with the Open Technologies Alliance (GFOSS), organizes a 2-Day online event with seminars on open data, in the framework of the European prοject ODEON (Open Data for European Open iNnovation).
Who is it for and why?
It is about citizens, small and medium-sized enterprises and potential entrepreneurs, in order to be informed and educated with open data and their use for social, economic and environmental benefits. Open data can be used to develop an extensive range of activities with a significant application in the development of existing business activities and the development of new ones.
Axes of 2 seminars:
● What is "Open Data" and how do they arise?
● "Why open data?" - What characteristics do they give to society, where and how they can be used.
● Where to find them - Just because a set of data is on the Internet doesn't mean it's "open". Licenses and open data sources.
● How we use them - Data analysis, evaluation and implementation. Targeting the application in specific business sectors, e.g. tourism, agri-food.
● Transparency and Security - Despite their benefits, open data can also be a threat to citizens' privacy. How do we protect ourselves?
SAVE THE DAY
1 & 2 December 2020 at 18:00-20:00
ONLINE EVENT - Greek language
Free register: https://bit.ly/OpenData-ODEON